Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Aqueous Transmission

As a late joiner of the Twitterverse, I'm still trying to decide who I am in terms of tweets.  I've only had this thing for a few weeks, and already the stereotypes of this new social outlet are making themselves more known, like the countless Facebook cliches.

A common Twitter day from a college girl's perspective:

8:14 am - @too-involved: Support UA women's basketball! pointguards doing autographs today at the ferg! free tshirts!

8:37 am - @so_addicted_to_coffee_its_alarming: I wish I had my own barista

8:41 am - @OnlyTweetsAboutWeather: SUNSHINE!  So nice outside!!!!

8:43 am - @always_negative_no_matter_what: Dear sun, stop coming in through my windows and waking me up for another long day.  I'd like to not be reminded of responsibilities this early.

8:50 am - @exaggerates-drinking-non-stop: Um anyone seen my car? typ morning after draft beer night haha

9:01 am - @so_addicted_to_coffee_its_alarming: its a 2 cup morning...

9:15 am - @lonely:sorority:girl:who:NEVER:leaves:srat:house: chapter tonight!!!!!!!!

9:27 am - @way~too~immersed~in~LAME~pop~culture: barely slept after that Bachelor episode...

9:49 am - @tmi_TMI_tmi_TMI_tmi: love waking up to my period...I guess that laundry I've been putting off will finally be done today.

10:04 am - @never-ever-does-anything-alone: workout with @genericname!

10:30 am - @too-involved: PLS VOTE 4 me on facebook!! Tryin to get a job here!

10:59 am - @always_negative_no_matter_what: Dear vending machine, all I want is a Sierra Mist and you gave me citrus green tea.  Thank you for successfully ruining my life.

11:17 am - @constantly_updating_pitiful_dating_life: waiting to hear from a certain SOMEONE about the test he was studying for last night!!

11:36 am - @OnlyTweetsAboutWeather: this wind is messing up my outdoor studying, still so pretty though!!

12:10 - @never-ever-does-anything-alone: miserable in class.  What is this teacher talking about??  Suffering with @so_addicted_to_coffee_its_alarming, @exaggerates-drinking-non-stop, @unashamed_slut

12:13 - @exaggerates-drinking-non-stop: I'm gonna need a box of wine after this class

1:11 - @lonely:sorority:girl:who:NEVER:leaves:srat:house: it's 1:11!! Make a wish that we have lemon squares at the house tonight!!! **Chapter tonight!!!!**

1:29 - @too-involved: local church used-book sale going on right now! B a good Christian and come buy some books! don't make me send an email reminder!!

1:34 - @too-involved: seriously like 30 ppl said they were coming to this on facebook

1:52 - @so_addicted_to_coffee_its_alarming: oh write 2 pages? oh take 2 espresso shots :)

2:03 - @way~too~immersed~in~LAME~pop~culture: just saw a cross between Chuck AND Edward Cullen!! nearly fainted.

2:41 - @constantly_updating_pitiful_dating_life: he hasn't texted back :(

2:46 - @constantly_updating_pitiful_dating_life: he made me feel beautiful :(

3:20 - @too-involved: DON8 bl00d 2DAY! just pretend ur doing it 4 a vampire!!

3:40 - @exaggerates-drinking-non-stop: going out tonight with @only_tweets_about_food! gonna take half-birthday shotsss

4:12 - @always_negative_no_matter_what: Dear annoying girl in my group project, nobody cares about your grandmother dying.  Trying to make it to the library before all the good tables are taken...

5:25 - @tmi_TMI_tmi_TMI_tmi: CRAMPS ah. And the stain didn't come out :(

5:26 - @so_addicted_to_coffee_its_alarming: Will someone please make a pill form of coffee? All the non-fat milk is starting to affect my spring break bod.

5:39 - @OnlyTweetsAboutWeather: beautiful day! hopefully tonight will be in the upper 50s and clear with only a 10% chance of rain so I can maybe see the stars!!

6:00 - @never-ever-does-anything-alone: dinner with my lovelies :) @girl1 @girl2 @girl3 @girl4 @girl 5... @girl 16

6:18 - @too-involved: seriously if nobody comes to tonight's Concert4Chlamydia I'm bringing a gun to Gallette's.

6:23 - @always_negative_no_matter_what: Dear dream table in the library, I finally found you and you have uneven legs. Now when I write, I rock back and forth. I want to burn you in the bonfire I didn't get invited to Saturday night.

6:33 - @way~too~immersed~in~LAME~pop~culture: OMG DID ANYONE ELSE JUST SEE THAT LOOK SERENA GAVE BLAIR???  I had to rewind 27 times.  WOAH.  How is this not better than the news?

6: 58 - @constantly_updating_pitiful_dating_life: just drove by his house and there's a bunch of girls on his porch...

7:20 - @exaggerates-drinking-non-stop: just did 10 Irish car bombs. Now singing "I love college" on karaoke. Fingers crossed for that test I have first thing in the morning haha

8:10 - @lonely:sorority:girl:who:NEVER:leaves:srat:house: chapter=success! now sitting in my robe watching my pledge sisters get ready to go out

8:16 - @constantly_updating_pitiful_dating_life: OMG he just texted me!! he said: hey did u just drive my house?  (!!!!!!!!) i am dancing around my apartment. I knew he loved me.

8:34 - @so_addicted_to_coffee_its_alarming: just passed out in library. Some girl said I look dead. Shaking with anger. Ugh I need a latte.





2 comments:

  1. i think i might be the pessimistic one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 9 more twitter characters...i felt like nobody would read if it was a novel. I still don't know who I am. I'm going to go with @eclectic_random_etc and hush PeyTONE. You are @perfectly_articulates_what_we're_all_thinking and @you_should_listen_to_my_music_choices

    ReplyDelete