Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 2

Today I guess an explanation would be fitting.

Since the primitive stages of blogging, I've been intrigued in the activities of seemingly dull people put into words.  In middle school, I religiously followed the Xanga of a bad-girl classmate who wrote about her daily fights with her parents, stolen alcohol, and the boys who snuck in through her basement.  It was the first time I had full access to what should have been someone's private diary, and she had no idea I was reading along.  Through the years, I kept track of a few other peer bloggers, yet the motivation to create my own never manifested.  I never thought my life was interesting, or that anyone else would find it interesting.

Now that blogging has become a fixture of news and a catalyst for fashion, comedy, and all things media, I guess I should get into it.  I read that blogging has become the best way to put work out there everyday.  Now that I've decided that I definitely want to write for a living, this will be good practice.

My goal is to write about things applicable to the day, applicable to real life, applicable to more people than just me.  I want people to connect with my writing, with me as a person, and with my ideas, hopefully.  And hopefully my blog will not be the stuff of trivial routine or pointless ranting. The mission statement I will one day write contains those stipulations.

I chose the title "Life is a Carnival" because of The Band's song.


You can walk on the water, drown in the sand
You can fly off a mountaintop if anybody can
Run away, run away--it's the restless age
Look away, look away--you can turn the page
Hey, buddy, would you like to buy a watch real cheap
Here on the street
I got six on each arm and two more round my feet
Life is a carnival--believe it or not
Plus literally every other symbolic song was taken.  I guess bloggers are deep...

Until tomorrow,
Kingsley

(I'll work on a better sign-off since I can't throw a pencil at the camera.)

No comments:

Post a Comment